Home follow
I envy my mother.

I envy my mother because she has been through the 80's, she does not realize how lucky she is, she does not take into consideration that the 80's were one of the best decades of all time, she did not appreciate the 80's. The 80's to my mom was just a decade that came and went, nothing special to her.

"Hey, don't you just love Ferris Bueller? He's soooooooo cute!" I ask in awe, like a stereotypical teenage girl.
"Who?" She asks, all clueless.

 Ferris Bueller's Day Off starring Matthew Broderick, Mia Sara, and Alan Ruck. 
Another classic and one of my favorites 80s films. If you've seen Easy A, you'd know they were referring to this, when Olive (Emma Stone) was singing 'Pocketful of Sunshine' in the shower. 

Oh, my mom. She still hasn't come to terms that the 80's was clearly the best decade, she's still stuck on the 70's, 90% of her albums consists of music from the 70's; Bee Gees, Carpenters, Tony Orlando, Paul Simon ('72), T. Rex ('71), Young Michael Jackson, Peter Frampton, etc.

Simple Minds. You know them... think John Hughes's teenage movies... think don't you forget about....

I have an infatuation with the 80's. I've watch too many 80's films, though they consisted of simple plots and if you were going to pitch an idea like those 80's drama/comedy teen plots in the 21st century, it would not be sold. It would just be too simple. The 80's were a bit too simple, yet, most came to have cult status. Take Sixteen Candles for example, you got the less popular but still pretty girl who is the main character, of course, like many movies, she's fawning over the 'hot' guy. In the end she eventually gets him, simple. Now, take Easy A, you got your normal average teenage girl in high school but rumors spread around that's she's a slut, a whore, a skank, it's a crazy messed of plot. A good movie and also an amazing homage to all those 80's cult films. 

Lucas featuring a young Corey Haim and a very handsome Charlie Sheen. One of my favorite 80's films. 

Making the Grade starring a young and very handsome Judd Nelson (Also from The Breakfast club). 
This is also one of my favorite 80's films, although it did not receive cult status. 

Pretty in Pink starring Andrew McCarthy and Molly Ringwald (Both members of The Brat Pack).
Pretty in Pink was one of the films of the 80s that received cult status and would remain forever a classic.  

I know I've posted something about 80's films before, but I just wanted to get more in depth with it. Ah, 80's fashion, why can't we bring back oversized shoulder pads, neon coloured leg warmers, ripped sweatshirts, or just everything? I envy my mother.


Joan Collins, 1981. Dynasty had such a big impact on 80s fashion.

Madonna. 80s fashion icon, legend.
-t

Labels: , , , , , , ,

About
tiffany- from nyc and i like kpop
Music
Credits
Layout and header image by mymostloved with base image, brushes and background.